A detailed description of me being upset with Newegg for the longest RMA ever! (click the post title to read it, its long)
- Dec 20, 2004: CASE LOGIC CD WALLET KOSKIN 264 BLK (Qty=1,Price=$32.00)
- Dec 28, 2004: Package Delivered… Contents discovered to be water damaged (badly), box top was soaked and crumbling, case was wet and had bulges, looked into returning it, and ‘refused’ the package like the newegg website said to.
- Dec 29, 2004: Package sent back
- Jan 11, 2005: E-mailed: Stated shipment was delayed due to ice storms, stated box top was soaked, stated water was in the box. Described how fedex was called and package was refused. Described how phonecall was made to newegg about the situation, which seemed like it was confirmed and we were going to get a replacement.
- Jan 12, 2005: Received reply: We need 2 to 4 business days to process the RMA once we receive it, then we will post the replacement. (this is unhelpful, as we sent the thing in ages ago)
- Jan 16, 2005: Replied (I think I was waiting 2-4 days and seeing if something happened, it didn’t), stated that I couldn’t RMA because the website says I have to have the package to RMA (cited website), stated that I just wanted to know what happened.
- Jan 17, 2005: Received reply clarifying that an RMA is generated when the box is received after a refusal. Person said they’d email the warehouse.
- Jan 26, 2005: I email, asking for an update.
- Jan 27, 2005: Got a standard form email with no content, “We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you”.
- Jan 27, 2005: Got a message saying the person would like to recall the last message (have never seen that before)
- Jan 27, 2005: Received We apologize for this delay. I have emailed the warehouse concerning this delay.
- Jan 27, 2005: Received RMA confirmation
- Jan 27, 2005: Newegg has received my RMA
- Jan 27, 2005: Summary of merchandise received: 17-134-511 CASE LOGIC CD WALLET KOSKIN 264 BLK (Quantity: 1 )
- Jan 27, 2005: Received letter stating they credited my account for $4 (we had a $30 gift cert) and that we would be receiving a $30 check in the mail.
- Mar 31, 2005: E-mailed asking if my gift cert was still valid (I never got the check)
- Apr 4, 2005: Received reply, stating that they just put $30 on the cc.
- May 19, 2005: Finally get around to buying that case thing again (since I recently received confirmation that they did in fact put the $30 on the card), and it’s not on the site (in the CD Accessories section). Not even anything near it. The biggest is an 80 slot dvd case.
Where’s my dang item? I told them in the emails several times that all I wanted was another case, that wasn’t wet. They wanted to give me money. Now that I’ve gotten my money, I want to give it back to them, and receive a dry case. They don’t carry this. What? 😦
Update: they gave me a discount on my next purchase which is nice but i would want the case too because it was really nice